Gulshan attack: Video released of four suspects
Published : 20 Jul 2016, 14:47
The Rapid Action Battalion has released a security footage with four suspects from the terror attack in Gulshan, seeking help to identify them.
The CCTV footage was posted on its Facebook page on Tuesday afternoon.
A written post with it said the footage showed four suspects possibly involved in the attack on Gulshan’s Holey Artisan Bakery and O’ Kitchen on Jul 1.
“Please contact your nearest battalion or camp if you can identify them,” it said, and provided a phone number: 01777720050.
The security cameras located between Road 75 and Road 79, where the cafe is located, show activities between 8:42pm and 9:00pm.
Three men and a woman have been isolated as being suspicious along with a passing vehicle.
Twenty hostages, 17 of them foreigners, were killed inside the cafe by five gunmen armed with rifles and explosives. Two policemen died when a grenade was hurled from the inside cafe.
Army commandos stormed the cafe next morning to end the overnight siege. They killed six gunmen holed up inside, the government said.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal cited a security footage to claim the attackers entered the upscale restaurant one after another against previous reports by restaurant workers who said they used a microbus to enter the premises.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'