Schoolgirl stabbed to death in Madaripur
Published : 18 Sep 2016, 23:07
A schoolgirl was stabbed to death at Nabagram village under Kalkini upazila in Madaripur on Sunday morning.
The victim was identified as Nitu Mandal, 16, a ninth grader at Nabagram High School.
Police have detained a youth named Milon Mandal, 20, in connection with the murder.
The family of Nitu has alleged that Milon killed her after she rejected his 'proposal of a love relationship'.
Madaripur Sadar Circle assistant superintendent of police Mohammad Anwar Hossain Bhuiya confirmed the incident.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- New laws must to tackle online violence against women, girls: UN
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- 21 June Births
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- Prime Minister meets President
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Rohingya girls dream of school