Schoolgirl stabbed to death in Madaripur
Published : 18 Sep 2016, 23:07
A schoolgirl was stabbed to death at Nabagram village under Kalkini upazila in Madaripur on Sunday morning.
The victim was identified as Nitu Mandal, 16, a ninth grader at Nabagram High School.
Police have detained a youth named Milon Mandal, 20, in connection with the murder.
The family of Nitu has alleged that Milon killed her after she rejected his 'proposal of a love relationship'.
Madaripur Sadar Circle assistant superintendent of police Mohammad Anwar Hossain Bhuiya confirmed the incident.
- Most viewed
- Indian acid-attack bride finds love from a wrong number
- Alcoholism / Alcohol Use Disorder
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Day labourer turns successful retailer
- Benefits of different teas
- Taylor Swift keeping Joe Alwyn romance 'private'
- JICA will never stop cooperation with Bangladesh: JICA chief
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- 21 May Deaths
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong