Schoolgirl stabbed to death in Madaripur
Published : 18 Sep 2016, 23:07
A schoolgirl was stabbed to death at Nabagram village under Kalkini upazila in Madaripur on Sunday morning.
The victim was identified as Nitu Mandal, 16, a ninth grader at Nabagram High School.
Police have detained a youth named Milon Mandal, 20, in connection with the murder.
The family of Nitu has alleged that Milon killed her after she rejected his 'proposal of a love relationship'.
Madaripur Sadar Circle assistant superintendent of police Mohammad Anwar Hossain Bhuiya confirmed the incident.
- Most viewed
- Female teacher engaged in sex with student in plane toilet
- What essential qualities make for a happy, long-term relationship? We find out
- 8 reasons why momos are dangerous for you
- Woman crushed under train in Chapainawabganj
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- 22 July Deaths
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- People to bring AL back to power: PM
- Man, daughter-in-law sentenced to life term in Laxmipur rape case
- Angelina Jolie admits to ‘hardest time’ after separation
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed