Schoolgirl stabbed to death in Madaripur
Published : 18 Sep 2016, 23:07
A schoolgirl was stabbed to death at Nabagram village under Kalkini upazila in Madaripur on Sunday morning.
The victim was identified as Nitu Mandal, 16, a ninth grader at Nabagram High School.
Police have detained a youth named Milon Mandal, 20, in connection with the murder.
The family of Nitu has alleged that Milon killed her after she rejected his 'proposal of a love relationship'.
Madaripur Sadar Circle assistant superintendent of police Mohammad Anwar Hossain Bhuiya confirmed the incident.
- Most viewed
- Recipe: Smoky, saucy, cheesy pasta
- Red Cross: 21 resigned or fired since 2015 in sex cases
- Khaleda’s bail in graft case extended until Monday
- Quality, time-befitting education a must: PM
- Hearing on Khaleda’s bail plea today
- 9th anniversary of Pilkhana carnage being observed
- 25 February Deaths
- 25 February Births
- 25 February Events
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs