CMP announced Tk 5 lakh bounty for Mitu murder suspect
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 17:23
Chittagong Metropolitan Police (CMP) today announced Taka 5 lakh bounty for prime suspect of the murder of former police officer Babul Akhtar's wife Mahmuda Aktar Mitu.
"Someone who could provide us any information leading to the arrest of Kamrul Islam Sikder alias Musa will be awarded with Tk 500,000," CMP Commissioner Iqbal Bahar told a press conference at his office.
The announcement came as police earlier said a manhunt was underway to track down Musa to be exposed to justice as the prime suspect of Mitu muder.
Bahar, said police so far arrested seven people over the killing and that two of them gave confessional statements before the court.
Mitu was stabbed and shot dead on the morning of June 5 as she was escorting her sx-year-old son to the school bus stand near GEC Intersection in the port city.
The press conference was arranged to brief the media on the security measures for upcoming Durga Puja, ODI cricket in Chittagong and Ashura at if conference room.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- 16 January Births