CMP announced Tk 5 lakh bounty for Mitu murder suspect
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 17:23
Chittagong Metropolitan Police (CMP) today announced Taka 5 lakh bounty for prime suspect of the murder of former police officer Babul Akhtar's wife Mahmuda Aktar Mitu.
"Someone who could provide us any information leading to the arrest of Kamrul Islam Sikder alias Musa will be awarded with Tk 500,000," CMP Commissioner Iqbal Bahar told a press conference at his office.
The announcement came as police earlier said a manhunt was underway to track down Musa to be exposed to justice as the prime suspect of Mitu muder.
Bahar, said police so far arrested seven people over the killing and that two of them gave confessional statements before the court.
Mitu was stabbed and shot dead on the morning of June 5 as she was escorting her sx-year-old son to the school bus stand near GEC Intersection in the port city.
The press conference was arranged to brief the media on the security measures for upcoming Durga Puja, ODI cricket in Chittagong and Ashura at if conference room.
- Most viewed
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Priyanka at UN bats for girl empowerment
- Suu Kyi’s award suspended by UK union
- 4G service by December: Tarana
- Signal 3 to continue for maritime ports
- Schoolgirl foils forced marriage
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores (Video)
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- 16 September Births