CMP announced Tk 5 lakh bounty for Mitu murder suspect
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 17:23
Chittagong Metropolitan Police (CMP) today announced Taka 5 lakh bounty for prime suspect of the murder of former police officer Babul Akhtar's wife Mahmuda Aktar Mitu.
"Someone who could provide us any information leading to the arrest of Kamrul Islam Sikder alias Musa will be awarded with Tk 500,000," CMP Commissioner Iqbal Bahar told a press conference at his office.
The announcement came as police earlier said a manhunt was underway to track down Musa to be exposed to justice as the prime suspect of Mitu muder.
Bahar, said police so far arrested seven people over the killing and that two of them gave confessional statements before the court.
Mitu was stabbed and shot dead on the morning of June 5 as she was escorting her sx-year-old son to the school bus stand near GEC Intersection in the port city.
The press conference was arranged to brief the media on the security measures for upcoming Durga Puja, ODI cricket in Chittagong and Ashura at if conference room.
- Most viewed
- 23 March Deaths
- 23 March Births
- 23 March Events
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Police officer 'stabbed at UK Parliament'
- Girl born with four legs is separated from parasitic twin in Chicago surgery
- Merkel's conservatives extend lead in Germany's Forsa poll
- We have to move faster: PM
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- 22 March Births