CMP announced Tk 5 lakh bounty for Mitu murder suspect
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 17:23
Chittagong Metropolitan Police (CMP) today announced Taka 5 lakh bounty for prime suspect of the murder of former police officer Babul Akhtar's wife Mahmuda Aktar Mitu.
"Someone who could provide us any information leading to the arrest of Kamrul Islam Sikder alias Musa will be awarded with Tk 500,000," CMP Commissioner Iqbal Bahar told a press conference at his office.
The announcement came as police earlier said a manhunt was underway to track down Musa to be exposed to justice as the prime suspect of Mitu muder.
Bahar, said police so far arrested seven people over the killing and that two of them gave confessional statements before the court.
Mitu was stabbed and shot dead on the morning of June 5 as she was escorting her sx-year-old son to the school bus stand near GEC Intersection in the port city.
The press conference was arranged to brief the media on the security measures for upcoming Durga Puja, ODI cricket in Chittagong and Ashura at if conference room.
- Most viewed
- Maria Sharapova's return divides rivals
- Speed up relief operation in haor areas: PM
- Speaker off to Australia to join CPA meeting
- Maximum 2yrs jail for selling banned, tainted fish
- Be summer ready for office
- 1,400 families marooned in Moulvibazar
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic
- May on course for sweeping win: poll
- Mother, daughter at helm of global event
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack