CMP announced Tk 5 lakh bounty for Mitu murder suspect
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 17:23
Chittagong Metropolitan Police (CMP) today announced Taka 5 lakh bounty for prime suspect of the murder of former police officer Babul Akhtar's wife Mahmuda Aktar Mitu.
"Someone who could provide us any information leading to the arrest of Kamrul Islam Sikder alias Musa will be awarded with Tk 500,000," CMP Commissioner Iqbal Bahar told a press conference at his office.
The announcement came as police earlier said a manhunt was underway to track down Musa to be exposed to justice as the prime suspect of Mitu muder.
Bahar, said police so far arrested seven people over the killing and that two of them gave confessional statements before the court.
Mitu was stabbed and shot dead on the morning of June 5 as she was escorting her sx-year-old son to the school bus stand near GEC Intersection in the port city.
The press conference was arranged to brief the media on the security measures for upcoming Durga Puja, ODI cricket in Chittagong and Ashura at if conference room.
- Most viewed
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- French Dressing
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- 5 suspected militants surrender to RAB
- 21 May Deaths
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
- Banani rape: Raintree hotel calls for justice
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani Rape Accused: Shafat's bodyguard, driver arrested
- Qabooli Biryani
- Hillary Clinton announces post-election plans
- Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
- Israel’s first female sharia judge sworn in