Youth to die for killing minor girl in Mymensingh
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 23:30
A court here today sentenced a youth to death for killing a minor girl after violating her in Phulpur upazila of the district in 2013.
The court also fined the convict Taka one lakh.
The convict was identified as Jasim Uddin, 23, son of Gias Uddin, a resident of Solonga village in Phulpur upazila of the district, the court official said.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Jasim abducted two and half year-old girl Jonaki Akhter, daughter of Emdadul Haque of the same village on July 26, 2013 and killed her after violating.
Police recovered the body and sent it to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Victim's father filed a case with Phulpur Thana accusing Jasim.
Later, police arrested Jasim in this connection and he confesses his involvement in this matter.
Police after investigation submitted the charge-sheet with the court against Jasim.
After examining witnesses and evidences, Judge of Women and Child Repression and Prevention Tribunal (also District and Session Judge) Md Helal Uddin pronounced the verdict.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'