Youth to die for killing minor girl in Mymensingh
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 23:30
A court here today sentenced a youth to death for killing a minor girl after violating her in Phulpur upazila of the district in 2013.
The court also fined the convict Taka one lakh.
The convict was identified as Jasim Uddin, 23, son of Gias Uddin, a resident of Solonga village in Phulpur upazila of the district, the court official said.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Jasim abducted two and half year-old girl Jonaki Akhter, daughter of Emdadul Haque of the same village on July 26, 2013 and killed her after violating.
Police recovered the body and sent it to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Victim's father filed a case with Phulpur Thana accusing Jasim.
Later, police arrested Jasim in this connection and he confesses his involvement in this matter.
Police after investigation submitted the charge-sheet with the court against Jasim.
After examining witnesses and evidences, Judge of Women and Child Repression and Prevention Tribunal (also District and Session Judge) Md Helal Uddin pronounced the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report