Youth to die for killing minor girl in Mymensingh
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 23:30
A court here today sentenced a youth to death for killing a minor girl after violating her in Phulpur upazila of the district in 2013.
The court also fined the convict Taka one lakh.
The convict was identified as Jasim Uddin, 23, son of Gias Uddin, a resident of Solonga village in Phulpur upazila of the district, the court official said.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Jasim abducted two and half year-old girl Jonaki Akhter, daughter of Emdadul Haque of the same village on July 26, 2013 and killed her after violating.
Police recovered the body and sent it to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Victim's father filed a case with Phulpur Thana accusing Jasim.
Later, police arrested Jasim in this connection and he confesses his involvement in this matter.
Police after investigation submitted the charge-sheet with the court against Jasim.
After examining witnesses and evidences, Judge of Women and Child Repression and Prevention Tribunal (also District and Session Judge) Md Helal Uddin pronounced the verdict.
- Most viewed
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 9 Bangladeshi women and children released from Indian jail after 4 years
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on AL's 68th founding anniversary
- AL to stay beside people: PM
- Give scope to AL to serve people time and again: PM
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists