Youth to die for killing minor girl in Mymensingh
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 23:30
A court here today sentenced a youth to death for killing a minor girl after violating her in Phulpur upazila of the district in 2013.
The court also fined the convict Taka one lakh.
The convict was identified as Jasim Uddin, 23, son of Gias Uddin, a resident of Solonga village in Phulpur upazila of the district, the court official said.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Jasim abducted two and half year-old girl Jonaki Akhter, daughter of Emdadul Haque of the same village on July 26, 2013 and killed her after violating.
Police recovered the body and sent it to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Victim's father filed a case with Phulpur Thana accusing Jasim.
Later, police arrested Jasim in this connection and he confesses his involvement in this matter.
Police after investigation submitted the charge-sheet with the court against Jasim.
After examining witnesses and evidences, Judge of Women and Child Repression and Prevention Tribunal (also District and Session Judge) Md Helal Uddin pronounced the verdict.
- Most viewed
- SC on Khaleda's bail in another Cumilla case Tuesday
- 25 June Births
- 25 June Deaths
- 25 June Events
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl