Youth to die for killing minor girl in Mymensingh
Published : 06 Oct 2016, 23:30
A court here today sentenced a youth to death for killing a minor girl after violating her in Phulpur upazila of the district in 2013.
The court also fined the convict Taka one lakh.
The convict was identified as Jasim Uddin, 23, son of Gias Uddin, a resident of Solonga village in Phulpur upazila of the district, the court official said.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Jasim abducted two and half year-old girl Jonaki Akhter, daughter of Emdadul Haque of the same village on July 26, 2013 and killed her after violating.
Police recovered the body and sent it to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Victim's father filed a case with Phulpur Thana accusing Jasim.
Later, police arrested Jasim in this connection and he confesses his involvement in this matter.
Police after investigation submitted the charge-sheet with the court against Jasim.
After examining witnesses and evidences, Judge of Women and Child Repression and Prevention Tribunal (also District and Session Judge) Md Helal Uddin pronounced the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’