Khaleda asked to appear before court on 9 Jan
Published : 01 Dec 2016, 16:57
A Dhaka court has ordered BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia to appear before it on 9 January, in connection with 10 cases filed against her.
Dhaka metropolitan sessions judge Mohammad Kamrul Hossain Molla passed the order on Thursday.
Her bail will be cancelled should she fail to appear before the court on that day, according to the order.
Thursday (1 December) was fixed for framing charges against the BNP chief in nine cases filed under explosives control act and special powers act and one for treason, Khaleda Zia's lawyer Zainal Abedin said.
She could not appear before the court in these cases for she had to appear before another court on Thursday, the lawyer said.
So, he added, the court ordered Khaleda Zia to appear before the court on 9 January.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Two-member UK team meets DU VC
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Interest on agri-loan halved for affected haor farmers: PM
- 'Sumaiya kidnapper gives misleading info'
- Women go for luxury brands for social circle
- 96% women with disability fall prey to violence
- Cosplay with hijabs showcased in Malaysia
- Nurse overcomes own struggle with partial paralysis to provide healthcare
- Trump hails first 100 days in office, says 'battles' ahead
- 27 April Births
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- 27 April Deaths
- Operation Eagle Hunt resumes, fresh gunshots heard
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill