Khaleda asked to appear before court on 9 Jan
Published : 01 Dec 2016, 16:57
A Dhaka court has ordered BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia to appear before it on 9 January, in connection with 10 cases filed against her.
Dhaka metropolitan sessions judge Mohammad Kamrul Hossain Molla passed the order on Thursday.
Her bail will be cancelled should she fail to appear before the court on that day, according to the order.
Thursday (1 December) was fixed for framing charges against the BNP chief in nine cases filed under explosives control act and special powers act and one for treason, Khaleda Zia's lawyer Zainal Abedin said.
She could not appear before the court in these cases for she had to appear before another court on Thursday, the lawyer said.
So, he added, the court ordered Khaleda Zia to appear before the court on 9 January.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Soha Ali Khan’s baby shower preparations are on in full swing
- Cheesy Potato Chips
- National Women's Chess begins Saturday
- NASA’s latest communications satellite arrives in orbit
- Facebook shuts down chat platform used to ‘harass’ employees
- Different brand choices can make dent in relationship
- Development works near Sundarbans jeopardise people’s lives: Sultana Kamal
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- 19 August Deaths
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- 19 August Births
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- 19 August Events