Khaleda asked to appear before court on 9 Jan
Published : 01 Dec 2016, 16:57
A Dhaka court has ordered BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia to appear before it on 9 January, in connection with 10 cases filed against her.
Dhaka metropolitan sessions judge Mohammad Kamrul Hossain Molla passed the order on Thursday.
Her bail will be cancelled should she fail to appear before the court on that day, according to the order.
Thursday (1 December) was fixed for framing charges against the BNP chief in nine cases filed under explosives control act and special powers act and one for treason, Khaleda Zia's lawyer Zainal Abedin said.
She could not appear before the court in these cases for she had to appear before another court on Thursday, the lawyer said.
So, he added, the court ordered Khaleda Zia to appear before the court on 9 January.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- 16 January Births