Khaleda asked to appear before court on 9 Jan
Published : 01 Dec 2016, 16:57
A Dhaka court has ordered BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia to appear before it on 9 January, in connection with 10 cases filed against her.
Dhaka metropolitan sessions judge Mohammad Kamrul Hossain Molla passed the order on Thursday.
Her bail will be cancelled should she fail to appear before the court on that day, according to the order.
Thursday (1 December) was fixed for framing charges against the BNP chief in nine cases filed under explosives control act and special powers act and one for treason, Khaleda Zia's lawyer Zainal Abedin said.
She could not appear before the court in these cases for she had to appear before another court on Thursday, the lawyer said.
So, he added, the court ordered Khaleda Zia to appear before the court on 9 January.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 23 March Deaths
- 23 March Births
- 23 March Events
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Police officer 'stabbed at UK Parliament'
- Girl born with four legs is separated from parasitic twin in Chicago surgery
- Merkel's conservatives extend lead in Germany's Forsa poll
- We have to move faster: PM
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- 22 March Births