Khaleda asked to appear before court on 9 Jan
Published : 01 Dec 2016, 16:57
A Dhaka court has ordered BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia to appear before it on 9 January, in connection with 10 cases filed against her.
Dhaka metropolitan sessions judge Mohammad Kamrul Hossain Molla passed the order on Thursday.
Her bail will be cancelled should she fail to appear before the court on that day, according to the order.
Thursday (1 December) was fixed for framing charges against the BNP chief in nine cases filed under explosives control act and special powers act and one for treason, Khaleda Zia's lawyer Zainal Abedin said.
She could not appear before the court in these cases for she had to appear before another court on Thursday, the lawyer said.
So, he added, the court ordered Khaleda Zia to appear before the court on 9 January.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link