HC orders judicial enquiry into torching of Santal houses
Published : 14 Dec 2016, 16:35
The High Court on Wednesday ordered judicial inquiry into the torching of Santal houses by police in Gobindaganj of Gaibandha.
The court also asked the chief judicial magistrate of Gaibandha court to submit the report in 15 days.
A joint bench of Justice Obaidul Hasan and Justice Krishna Debnath passed the order.
HC also ordered the Deputy Inspector General of (DIG) of Rangpur Range of Police to investigate the two case statements filed regarding the incident.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike