HC orders judicial enquiry into torching of Santal houses
Published : 14 Dec 2016, 16:35
The High Court on Wednesday ordered judicial inquiry into the torching of Santal houses by police in Gobindaganj of Gaibandha.
The court also asked the chief judicial magistrate of Gaibandha court to submit the report in 15 days.
A joint bench of Justice Obaidul Hasan and Justice Krishna Debnath passed the order.
HC also ordered the Deputy Inspector General of (DIG) of Rangpur Range of Police to investigate the two case statements filed regarding the incident.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46