HC orders judicial enquiry into torching of Santal houses
Published : 14 Dec 2016, 16:35
The High Court on Wednesday ordered judicial inquiry into the torching of Santal houses by police in Gobindaganj of Gaibandha.
The court also asked the chief judicial magistrate of Gaibandha court to submit the report in 15 days.
A joint bench of Justice Obaidul Hasan and Justice Krishna Debnath passed the order.
HC also ordered the Deputy Inspector General of (DIG) of Rangpur Range of Police to investigate the two case statements filed regarding the incident.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0