HC orders judicial enquiry into torching of Santal houses
Published : 14 Dec 2016, 16:35
The High Court on Wednesday ordered judicial inquiry into the torching of Santal houses by police in Gobindaganj of Gaibandha.
The court also asked the chief judicial magistrate of Gaibandha court to submit the report in 15 days.
A joint bench of Justice Obaidul Hasan and Justice Krishna Debnath passed the order.
HC also ordered the Deputy Inspector General of (DIG) of Rangpur Range of Police to investigate the two case statements filed regarding the incident.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls