Khaleda leads BNP in Bangabhaban talks
Published : 18 Dec 2016, 15:52
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) is the first political party to join the dialogue initiated by the president for reconstitution of the election commission ahead of the next general elections.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is set to lead her party's 13-member delegation during the talks with president Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban Sunday afternoon.
The dialogue initiative followed the BNP chief's placing of 13-point demand for formation of the commission and holding a free, fair and participatory generation election in the country next time.
The talks begin at Bangabhaban a month after Khaleda submitted the 13-point proposal.
The president's office later said the head of the state hold talks with all registered political parties in an apparent bid to form a search committee for reconstituting the election commission.
The current election commission expires in February 2017.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Honey Chilli Potato
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Facebook's Sandberg favors release of Russia-linked ads
- AL wants next polls be free, fair: PM
- 15 October Deaths
- 15 October Births
- 15 October Events
- 10 October Events
- 9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
- Girl gang raped in front of her boyfriend
- World Mental Health Day being observed
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Blue Whale: Class 9 student saved by Indian teacher
- 10 October Deaths
- 10 October Births
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?