Khaleda leads BNP in Bangabhaban talks
Published : 18 Dec 2016, 15:52
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) is the first political party to join the dialogue initiated by the president for reconstitution of the election commission ahead of the next general elections.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is set to lead her party's 13-member delegation during the talks with president Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban Sunday afternoon.
The dialogue initiative followed the BNP chief's placing of 13-point demand for formation of the commission and holding a free, fair and participatory generation election in the country next time.
The talks begin at Bangabhaban a month after Khaleda submitted the 13-point proposal.
The president's office later said the head of the state hold talks with all registered political parties in an apparent bid to form a search committee for reconstituting the election commission.
The current election commission expires in February 2017.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'