Khaleda leads BNP in Bangabhaban talks
Published : 18 Dec 2016, 15:52
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) is the first political party to join the dialogue initiated by the president for reconstitution of the election commission ahead of the next general elections.
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is set to lead her party's 13-member delegation during the talks with president Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban Sunday afternoon.
The dialogue initiative followed the BNP chief's placing of 13-point demand for formation of the commission and holding a free, fair and participatory generation election in the country next time.
The talks begin at Bangabhaban a month after Khaleda submitted the 13-point proposal.
The president's office later said the head of the state hold talks with all registered political parties in an apparent bid to form a search committee for reconstituting the election commission.
The current election commission expires in February 2017.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 'Open Access Bangladesh' begins journey
- Victims to file case against WB: PM
- Pakistan ‘kills 100 militants’ after Sufi shrine blast
- When Kangana Ranaut Wanted To 'Slap' TV Show Host Sugandha Mishra
- Facial exercise to eliminate double chin
- PM arrives in Abu Dhabi on her way to home
- Beware! Belly Fat Can Indicate Heart Risk
- Ctg road crash kills 3 women
- 17 receive Ekushey Padak