Ivy reelected mayor in NCC polls
Published : 23 Dec 2016, 12:54
Awami League backed candidate Selina Hayat Ivy has been reelected mayor unofficially in the Narayanganj City Corporation polls beating her rival BNP-backed candidate Sakhawat Hossain Khan.
Ivy with the symbol of "Boat" bagged 1,75,611 votes while Khan with "Sheep of paddy" got 96,044 votes, returning officer Nuruzzaman Talukdar made the announcement at his temporary office at Narayanganj Club around 11.20pm yesterday.
- Most viewed
- Coffee has more power than you ever thought: 3 cups a day helps you live longer
- Spend too much time on social media? It can cause tension in your real life relationships
- PM opens, lays foundation stones of 33 schemes in Rajshahi
- Shah Rukh met Canadian PM Trudeau, family
- PM asks army to uphold democracy, constitution
- Khaleda’s appeal accepted, bail hearing Sunday
- India should not be worried: PM
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 'Actors also use their sexuality to get things done'