Ivy reelected mayor in NCC polls
Published : 23 Dec 2016, 12:54
Awami League backed candidate Selina Hayat Ivy has been reelected mayor unofficially in the Narayanganj City Corporation polls beating her rival BNP-backed candidate Sakhawat Hossain Khan.
Ivy with the symbol of "Boat" bagged 1,75,611 votes while Khan with "Sheep of paddy" got 96,044 votes, returning officer Nuruzzaman Talukdar made the announcement at his temporary office at Narayanganj Club around 11.20pm yesterday.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'