Ivy reelected mayor in NCC polls
Published : 23 Dec 2016, 12:54
Awami League backed candidate Selina Hayat Ivy has been reelected mayor unofficially in the Narayanganj City Corporation polls beating her rival BNP-backed candidate Sakhawat Hossain Khan.
Ivy with the symbol of "Boat" bagged 1,75,611 votes while Khan with "Sheep of paddy" got 96,044 votes, returning officer Nuruzzaman Talukdar made the announcement at his temporary office at Narayanganj Club around 11.20pm yesterday.
- Most viewed
- Maria Sharapova's return divides rivals
- Speed up relief operation in haor areas: PM
- Speaker off to Australia to join CPA meeting
- Maximum 2yrs jail for selling banned, tainted fish
- Be summer ready for office
- 1,400 families marooned in Moulvibazar
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic
- May on course for sweeping win: poll
- Mother, daughter at helm of global event
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack