Ivy reelected mayor in NCC polls
Published : 23 Dec 2016, 12:54
Awami League backed candidate Selina Hayat Ivy has been reelected mayor unofficially in the Narayanganj City Corporation polls beating her rival BNP-backed candidate Sakhawat Hossain Khan.
Ivy with the symbol of "Boat" bagged 1,75,611 votes while Khan with "Sheep of paddy" got 96,044 votes, returning officer Nuruzzaman Talukdar made the announcement at his temporary office at Narayanganj Club around 11.20pm yesterday.
- Most viewed
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- 11 December Deaths
- 11 December Births
- 11 December Events
- Pregnant woman strangulated to death ‘by husband’