Published : 26 Dec 2016, 14:46
A schoolgirl was stabbed in Joypurhat late Friday night by unidentified persons. The victim has been admitted at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) and remains unconscious for three days now. Her condition is critical as she is still hemorrhaging from her brain.
The schoolgirl’ mother found her in her bedroom, bleeding profusely from stab injuries on her head in the early hours on Friday. She was stripped of her clothing. Her father suspects someone must have entered their house over the wall at midnight and tried to rape the girl, and then stabbed her.
He also said they do not have any enemies nor had anyone been stalking her.
The victim’s uncle has filed a case with the Kalai police station against unknown miscreants on Saturday, but no one has been arrested in this connection yet.
The Kalai police station inspector (investigation) Biswajit Barman said they are trying to arrest the culprits.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Georgia woman wages single-handed fight for open government
- Infant who survived in 1920s sideshow incubator dies at 96
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges
- Arrest of AWOL sailor and new mother was 'last resort'
- National security staffer quit after 8 days in Trump White House
- Girl Scout takes on the mantle of truth in advertising
- Khadiza’s testimony recorded
- Girls, be careful
- PM inaugurates country's first solar food silo
- Khadiza goes back home
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM
- Muslim women driving modest fashion revolution
- PM calls for correct practice of Bangla language
- Baby orangutan rescued after being kept as a pet
- Bangladesh presides UN global counter-terrorism meeting
- 'Second child makes families happier'
- Kerber survives as leading seeds stumble in Dubai
- Singing to babies benefits mothers