Published : 26 Dec 2016, 14:46
A schoolgirl was stabbed in Joypurhat late Friday night by unidentified persons. The victim has been admitted at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) and remains unconscious for three days now. Her condition is critical as she is still hemorrhaging from her brain.
The schoolgirl’ mother found her in her bedroom, bleeding profusely from stab injuries on her head in the early hours on Friday. She was stripped of her clothing. Her father suspects someone must have entered their house over the wall at midnight and tried to rape the girl, and then stabbed her.
He also said they do not have any enemies nor had anyone been stalking her.
The victim’s uncle has filed a case with the Kalai police station against unknown miscreants on Saturday, but no one has been arrested in this connection yet.
The Kalai police station inspector (investigation) Biswajit Barman said they are trying to arrest the culprits.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare