Published : 26 Dec 2016, 14:46
A schoolgirl was stabbed in Joypurhat late Friday night by unidentified persons. The victim has been admitted at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) and remains unconscious for three days now. Her condition is critical as she is still hemorrhaging from her brain.
The schoolgirl’ mother found her in her bedroom, bleeding profusely from stab injuries on her head in the early hours on Friday. She was stripped of her clothing. Her father suspects someone must have entered their house over the wall at midnight and tried to rape the girl, and then stabbed her.
He also said they do not have any enemies nor had anyone been stalking her.
The victim’s uncle has filed a case with the Kalai police station against unknown miscreants on Saturday, but no one has been arrested in this connection yet.
The Kalai police station inspector (investigation) Biswajit Barman said they are trying to arrest the culprits.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM