Published : 26 Dec 2016, 14:46
A schoolgirl was stabbed in Joypurhat late Friday night by unidentified persons. The victim has been admitted at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) and remains unconscious for three days now. Her condition is critical as she is still hemorrhaging from her brain.
The schoolgirl’ mother found her in her bedroom, bleeding profusely from stab injuries on her head in the early hours on Friday. She was stripped of her clothing. Her father suspects someone must have entered their house over the wall at midnight and tried to rape the girl, and then stabbed her.
He also said they do not have any enemies nor had anyone been stalking her.
The victim’s uncle has filed a case with the Kalai police station against unknown miscreants on Saturday, but no one has been arrested in this connection yet.
The Kalai police station inspector (investigation) Biswajit Barman said they are trying to arrest the culprits.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday