Published : 26 Dec 2016, 14:46
A schoolgirl was stabbed in Joypurhat late Friday night by unidentified persons. The victim has been admitted at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) and remains unconscious for three days now. Her condition is critical as she is still hemorrhaging from her brain.
The schoolgirl’ mother found her in her bedroom, bleeding profusely from stab injuries on her head in the early hours on Friday. She was stripped of her clothing. Her father suspects someone must have entered their house over the wall at midnight and tried to rape the girl, and then stabbed her.
He also said they do not have any enemies nor had anyone been stalking her.
The victim’s uncle has filed a case with the Kalai police station against unknown miscreants on Saturday, but no one has been arrested in this connection yet.
The Kalai police station inspector (investigation) Biswajit Barman said they are trying to arrest the culprits.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims