8 sued over Ashkona raid
Published : 26 Dec 2016, 15:16
A case was filed against eight suspected militants in connection with Saturday’s raid on a militant den at Ashkona of Dakhkhin Khan in the capital.
Shahinur Islam, sub-inspector of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), filed the case with Dakkhin Khan police station on Sunday night under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
[Female member of suicide squad]
Officer-in-charge of Dakkhin Khan police station Tapan Chandra Saha said police filed the case against the eight suspected militants, including Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, Afif Quaderi alias Ador, son of Tanvir Quadri, who was killed during an operation in another militant den in Azimpur of the city earlier, Trisha Moni alias Umme Ayesha, wife of absconding JMB leader Musa, and Jebunnahar Shila, wife of ex-army Major Zahid, who was killed in a ‘gunfight’ with law enforcers at Roopnagar in the capital on 2 September last.
[Ashkona flat a death trap: Police]
Earlier, two suspected militants, including the Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, were killed and a seven-year-old girl, daughter of slain militant Iqbal, was injured during the police raid named ‘Operation Ripple 24’ on the militant den at Ashkona early Saturday.
Besides two other women-Jebunnahar Shila and Trisha-along with two children surrendered to police during the raid, reports UNB news agency.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Two-member UK team meets DU VC
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Interest on agri-loan halved for affected haor farmers: PM
- 'Sumaiya kidnapper gives misleading info'
- Women go for luxury brands for social circle
- 96% women with disability fall prey to violence
- Cosplay with hijabs showcased in Malaysia
- Nurse overcomes own struggle with partial paralysis to provide healthcare
- Trump hails first 100 days in office, says 'battles' ahead
- 27 April Births
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- 27 April Deaths
- Operation Eagle Hunt resumes, fresh gunshots heard
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill