8 sued over Ashkona raid
Published : 26 Dec 2016, 15:16
A case was filed against eight suspected militants in connection with Saturday’s raid on a militant den at Ashkona of Dakhkhin Khan in the capital.
Shahinur Islam, sub-inspector of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), filed the case with Dakkhin Khan police station on Sunday night under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
[Female member of suicide squad]
Officer-in-charge of Dakkhin Khan police station Tapan Chandra Saha said police filed the case against the eight suspected militants, including Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, Afif Quaderi alias Ador, son of Tanvir Quadri, who was killed during an operation in another militant den in Azimpur of the city earlier, Trisha Moni alias Umme Ayesha, wife of absconding JMB leader Musa, and Jebunnahar Shila, wife of ex-army Major Zahid, who was killed in a ‘gunfight’ with law enforcers at Roopnagar in the capital on 2 September last.
[Ashkona flat a death trap: Police]
Earlier, two suspected militants, including the Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, were killed and a seven-year-old girl, daughter of slain militant Iqbal, was injured during the police raid named ‘Operation Ripple 24’ on the militant den at Ashkona early Saturday.
Besides two other women-Jebunnahar Shila and Trisha-along with two children surrendered to police during the raid, reports UNB news agency.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- All about milk teeth
- Kaur leads India into final
- Speaker meets Vietnam National Assembly President
- Sherpur rapist father sentenced to 30 yrs jail
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Five ways to beat the heat naturally!
- 5 of a family including 2 children died in Chittagong landslide
- 21 July Deaths
- 21 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- Maryam Mirzakhani, only woman to take math's highest award, dies at 40
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- '50% women face unwanted touching at markets'
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Case filed against Roopa Ganguly for rape remark
- Shah Rukh delights himself to traditional thali in Jaipur