8 sued over Ashkona raid
Published : 26 Dec 2016, 15:16
A case was filed against eight suspected militants in connection with Saturday’s raid on a militant den at Ashkona of Dakhkhin Khan in the capital.
Shahinur Islam, sub-inspector of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), filed the case with Dakkhin Khan police station on Sunday night under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
[Female member of suicide squad]
Officer-in-charge of Dakkhin Khan police station Tapan Chandra Saha said police filed the case against the eight suspected militants, including Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, Afif Quaderi alias Ador, son of Tanvir Quadri, who was killed during an operation in another militant den in Azimpur of the city earlier, Trisha Moni alias Umme Ayesha, wife of absconding JMB leader Musa, and Jebunnahar Shila, wife of ex-army Major Zahid, who was killed in a ‘gunfight’ with law enforcers at Roopnagar in the capital on 2 September last.
[Ashkona flat a death trap: Police]
Earlier, two suspected militants, including the Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, were killed and a seven-year-old girl, daughter of slain militant Iqbal, was injured during the police raid named ‘Operation Ripple 24’ on the militant den at Ashkona early Saturday.
Besides two other women-Jebunnahar Shila and Trisha-along with two children surrendered to police during the raid, reports UNB news agency.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android