8 sued over Ashkona raid
Published : 26 Dec 2016, 15:16
A case was filed against eight suspected militants in connection with Saturday’s raid on a militant den at Ashkona of Dakhkhin Khan in the capital.
Shahinur Islam, sub-inspector of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), filed the case with Dakkhin Khan police station on Sunday night under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
[Female member of suicide squad]
Officer-in-charge of Dakkhin Khan police station Tapan Chandra Saha said police filed the case against the eight suspected militants, including Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, Afif Quaderi alias Ador, son of Tanvir Quadri, who was killed during an operation in another militant den in Azimpur of the city earlier, Trisha Moni alias Umme Ayesha, wife of absconding JMB leader Musa, and Jebunnahar Shila, wife of ex-army Major Zahid, who was killed in a ‘gunfight’ with law enforcers at Roopnagar in the capital on 2 September last.
[Ashkona flat a death trap: Police]
Earlier, two suspected militants, including the Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, were killed and a seven-year-old girl, daughter of slain militant Iqbal, was injured during the police raid named ‘Operation Ripple 24’ on the militant den at Ashkona early Saturday.
Besides two other women-Jebunnahar Shila and Trisha-along with two children surrendered to police during the raid, reports UNB news agency.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today