8 sued over Ashkona raid
Published : 26 Dec 2016, 15:16
A case was filed against eight suspected militants in connection with Saturday’s raid on a militant den at Ashkona of Dakhkhin Khan in the capital.
Shahinur Islam, sub-inspector of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), filed the case with Dakkhin Khan police station on Sunday night under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
[Female member of suicide squad]
Officer-in-charge of Dakkhin Khan police station Tapan Chandra Saha said police filed the case against the eight suspected militants, including Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, Afif Quaderi alias Ador, son of Tanvir Quadri, who was killed during an operation in another militant den in Azimpur of the city earlier, Trisha Moni alias Umme Ayesha, wife of absconding JMB leader Musa, and Jebunnahar Shila, wife of ex-army Major Zahid, who was killed in a ‘gunfight’ with law enforcers at Roopnagar in the capital on 2 September last.
[Ashkona flat a death trap: Police]
Earlier, two suspected militants, including the Shakira alias Tahira, wife of absconding militant Sumon, were killed and a seven-year-old girl, daughter of slain militant Iqbal, was injured during the police raid named ‘Operation Ripple 24’ on the militant den at Ashkona early Saturday.
Besides two other women-Jebunnahar Shila and Trisha-along with two children surrendered to police during the raid, reports UNB news agency.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan