Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry