Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- 13 people killed in suicide truck bomb in south of Iraq's Baghdad
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal