Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- Hasina on TIME’s list of 100 most influential people
- Make multilateral trade regime more inclusive, PM to Commonwealth
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Sufia Kamal Hall: Four students thrown out late at night
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Hasina, Modi hold meeting; discuss Rohingya issue
- 20 April Births
- 20 April Deaths
- 20 April Events
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- PM seeks more investment from top global business leaders