Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- New laws must to tackle online violence against women, girls: UN
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- 21 June Births
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- Prime Minister meets President
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Rohingya girls dream of school