Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash