Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- Georgia woman wages single-handed fight for open government
- Infant who survived in 1920s sideshow incubator dies at 96
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges
- Arrest of AWOL sailor and new mother was 'last resort'
- National security staffer quit after 8 days in Trump White House
- Girl Scout takes on the mantle of truth in advertising
- Khadiza’s testimony recorded
- Girls, be careful
- PM inaugurates country's first solar food silo
- Khadiza goes back home
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM
- Muslim women driving modest fashion revolution
- PM calls for correct practice of Bangla language
- Baby orangutan rescued after being kept as a pet
- Bangladesh presides UN global counter-terrorism meeting
- 'Second child makes families happier'
- Kerber survives as leading seeds stumble in Dubai
- Singing to babies benefits mothers