PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike