PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link