PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Justice demanded on Rana Plaza anniversary
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira