PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM