PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- Ever Heard of Bubble Tea? Everything You Didn't Know About This Unique Drink
- PM to visit Sunamganj haors Apr 30
- SSC results on 4 May
- 'Put people over profit to end fashion slavery'
- President, PM greet NMST's golden jubilee celebration
- Shakib Khan served legal notice
- ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ new poster shows Anushka Shetty in all her royal glory
- Pregnancy or PMS? 11 ways to spot the difference
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack