Rampal protesters call for countrywide agitation on Jan 28
Published : 26 Jan 2017, 21:18
A countrywide mass agitation has been called for January 28 to protest against police crackdown on anti-Rampal demonstrators in Dhaka.
The protesters will also stage sit-ins across Bangladesh on February 25 and organise a rally in Khulna on the same day.
Anu Mohammad, member secretary of National Committee to protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports announced the programme from in front of the National Press Club on Thursday.
Police used water cannon and fired volleys of tear gas against supporters of the committee's half-day shutdown in Dhaka on Thursday morning protesting against the setting up of a coal-fired power plant near the Sundarbans.
Several protesters and an on-duty Dhaka Tribune journalist were injured in police action.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry