Rampal protesters call for countrywide agitation on Jan 28
Published : 26 Jan 2017, 21:18
A countrywide mass agitation has been called for January 28 to protest against police crackdown on anti-Rampal demonstrators in Dhaka.
The protesters will also stage sit-ins across Bangladesh on February 25 and organise a rally in Khulna on the same day.
Anu Mohammad, member secretary of National Committee to protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports announced the programme from in front of the National Press Club on Thursday.
Police used water cannon and fired volleys of tear gas against supporters of the committee's half-day shutdown in Dhaka on Thursday morning protesting against the setting up of a coal-fired power plant near the Sundarbans.
Several protesters and an on-duty Dhaka Tribune journalist were injured in police action.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia