Rampal protesters call for countrywide agitation on Jan 28
Published : 26 Jan 2017, 21:18
A countrywide mass agitation has been called for January 28 to protest against police crackdown on anti-Rampal demonstrators in Dhaka.
The protesters will also stage sit-ins across Bangladesh on February 25 and organise a rally in Khulna on the same day.
Anu Mohammad, member secretary of National Committee to protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports announced the programme from in front of the National Press Club on Thursday.
Police used water cannon and fired volleys of tear gas against supporters of the committee's half-day shutdown in Dhaka on Thursday morning protesting against the setting up of a coal-fired power plant near the Sundarbans.
Several protesters and an on-duty Dhaka Tribune journalist were injured in police action.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths