Rampal protesters call for countrywide agitation on Jan 28
Published : 26 Jan 2017, 21:18
A countrywide mass agitation has been called for January 28 to protest against police crackdown on anti-Rampal demonstrators in Dhaka.
The protesters will also stage sit-ins across Bangladesh on February 25 and organise a rally in Khulna on the same day.
Anu Mohammad, member secretary of National Committee to protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports announced the programme from in front of the National Press Club on Thursday.
Police used water cannon and fired volleys of tear gas against supporters of the committee's half-day shutdown in Dhaka on Thursday morning protesting against the setting up of a coal-fired power plant near the Sundarbans.
Several protesters and an on-duty Dhaka Tribune journalist were injured in police action.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister