PM mourns death of Chowhali AL president
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 23:08
Prime Minister and Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina today expressed deep shock at the death of Nawjesh Ali Molla, the president of Chowhali upazila AL in Sirajganj district.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Nawjesh Ali, also a valiant freedom fighter, died at his Chowhali residence in the early hours of today at the age of 70, an AL press release said here.
He left his wife, three sons and two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers to mourn his death.
Meanwhile in separate messages, AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Joint Secretary Jahnagir Kabir Nanak and Organizing Secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury also condoled the death of the Chowhali AL president.
- Most viewed
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts