PM mourns death of Chowhali AL president
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 23:08
Prime Minister and Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina today expressed deep shock at the death of Nawjesh Ali Molla, the president of Chowhali upazila AL in Sirajganj district.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Nawjesh Ali, also a valiant freedom fighter, died at his Chowhali residence in the early hours of today at the age of 70, an AL press release said here.
He left his wife, three sons and two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers to mourn his death.
Meanwhile in separate messages, AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Joint Secretary Jahnagir Kabir Nanak and Organizing Secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury also condoled the death of the Chowhali AL president.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths