PM mourns death of Chowhali AL president
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 23:08
Prime Minister and Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina today expressed deep shock at the death of Nawjesh Ali Molla, the president of Chowhali upazila AL in Sirajganj district.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Nawjesh Ali, also a valiant freedom fighter, died at his Chowhali residence in the early hours of today at the age of 70, an AL press release said here.
He left his wife, three sons and two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers to mourn his death.
Meanwhile in separate messages, AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Joint Secretary Jahnagir Kabir Nanak and Organizing Secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury also condoled the death of the Chowhali AL president.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister