'Bangladesh always supports Palestine'
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:15
Leader of the Opposition in Parliament Raushon Ershad today reaffirmed Bangladesh's unequivocal support for the rights of the Palestinian people for an independent homeland.
"Bangladesh's 16 crore people always stand besides the Palestinian people . . . we want to see an independent Palestine with its own territory earmarked before 1967," she said.
Raushon Ershad made the assertion while she met Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at a hotel in the city, said a release. During the meeting, Mahmoud Abbas expressed deep gratitude to the people and the government of Bangladesh for their continued support and assistance to Palestine. A total of 129 countries have so far extended their support to the just rights of self-determination and independence of Palestine.
Pointing out Bangladesh's support to the Palestine during the Jatiya Party government, Raushon said all the subsequent governments of the country continued this support.
She called upon the international community to create pressure on the Israeli occupation force to stop its aggression and illegal settlements on the West Bank and Gaza.
Among others, Fakhrul Imam, MP, Opposition Whips in parliament Selim Uddin and Nurul Islam Omar MP, Noor-E-Hasna Lily Chowdhury, MP, Rowshan Ara Mannan, MP, Palestinian Foreign Minister Dr Riad Al Maliki, Chief Justice Mahmuod SA Alhabbash, Presidential Spokesman Nabil Aburudainah and Advisor for Diplomatic Affairs Dr Majdi AM Khalidi were present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths