'Bangladesh always supports Palestine'
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:15
Leader of the Opposition in Parliament Raushon Ershad today reaffirmed Bangladesh's unequivocal support for the rights of the Palestinian people for an independent homeland.
"Bangladesh's 16 crore people always stand besides the Palestinian people . . . we want to see an independent Palestine with its own territory earmarked before 1967," she said.
Raushon Ershad made the assertion while she met Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at a hotel in the city, said a release. During the meeting, Mahmoud Abbas expressed deep gratitude to the people and the government of Bangladesh for their continued support and assistance to Palestine. A total of 129 countries have so far extended their support to the just rights of self-determination and independence of Palestine.
Pointing out Bangladesh's support to the Palestine during the Jatiya Party government, Raushon said all the subsequent governments of the country continued this support.
She called upon the international community to create pressure on the Israeli occupation force to stop its aggression and illegal settlements on the West Bank and Gaza.
Among others, Fakhrul Imam, MP, Opposition Whips in parliament Selim Uddin and Nurul Islam Omar MP, Noor-E-Hasna Lily Chowdhury, MP, Rowshan Ara Mannan, MP, Palestinian Foreign Minister Dr Riad Al Maliki, Chief Justice Mahmuod SA Alhabbash, Presidential Spokesman Nabil Aburudainah and Advisor for Diplomatic Affairs Dr Majdi AM Khalidi were present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister