'Bangladesh always supports Palestine'
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:15
Leader of the Opposition in Parliament Raushon Ershad today reaffirmed Bangladesh's unequivocal support for the rights of the Palestinian people for an independent homeland.
"Bangladesh's 16 crore people always stand besides the Palestinian people . . . we want to see an independent Palestine with its own territory earmarked before 1967," she said.
Raushon Ershad made the assertion while she met Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at a hotel in the city, said a release. During the meeting, Mahmoud Abbas expressed deep gratitude to the people and the government of Bangladesh for their continued support and assistance to Palestine. A total of 129 countries have so far extended their support to the just rights of self-determination and independence of Palestine.
Pointing out Bangladesh's support to the Palestine during the Jatiya Party government, Raushon said all the subsequent governments of the country continued this support.
She called upon the international community to create pressure on the Israeli occupation force to stop its aggression and illegal settlements on the West Bank and Gaza.
Among others, Fakhrul Imam, MP, Opposition Whips in parliament Selim Uddin and Nurul Islam Omar MP, Noor-E-Hasna Lily Chowdhury, MP, Rowshan Ara Mannan, MP, Palestinian Foreign Minister Dr Riad Al Maliki, Chief Justice Mahmuod SA Alhabbash, Presidential Spokesman Nabil Aburudainah and Advisor for Diplomatic Affairs Dr Majdi AM Khalidi were present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry