'Bangladesh always supports Palestine'
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:15
Leader of the Opposition in Parliament Raushon Ershad today reaffirmed Bangladesh's unequivocal support for the rights of the Palestinian people for an independent homeland.
"Bangladesh's 16 crore people always stand besides the Palestinian people . . . we want to see an independent Palestine with its own territory earmarked before 1967," she said.
Raushon Ershad made the assertion while she met Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at a hotel in the city, said a release. During the meeting, Mahmoud Abbas expressed deep gratitude to the people and the government of Bangladesh for their continued support and assistance to Palestine. A total of 129 countries have so far extended their support to the just rights of self-determination and independence of Palestine.
Pointing out Bangladesh's support to the Palestine during the Jatiya Party government, Raushon said all the subsequent governments of the country continued this support.
She called upon the international community to create pressure on the Israeli occupation force to stop its aggression and illegal settlements on the West Bank and Gaza.
Among others, Fakhrul Imam, MP, Opposition Whips in parliament Selim Uddin and Nurul Islam Omar MP, Noor-E-Hasna Lily Chowdhury, MP, Rowshan Ara Mannan, MP, Palestinian Foreign Minister Dr Riad Al Maliki, Chief Justice Mahmuod SA Alhabbash, Presidential Spokesman Nabil Aburudainah and Advisor for Diplomatic Affairs Dr Majdi AM Khalidi were present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 9 Bangladeshi women and children released from Indian jail after 4 years
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on AL's 68th founding anniversary
- AL to stay beside people: PM
- Give scope to AL to serve people time and again: PM
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists