Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
Published : 25 Feb 2017, 19:21
A modern multistoried food warehouse, first of its kind in the country, has been constructed at Santahar under Adamdighi Upazila under Bogra district at a cost of around Taka 300 crore.
The air-conditioned warehouse having capacity of 25,000 metric tons of food grain has been built with financial and technical support from Japan. It will preserve food grain through using solar power round the clock.
Department of Food supervised and monitored the entire construction works. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to inaugurate the venture tomorrow. Ilias Hossain, Superintendent of Santahar Silo, told the journalists that work of main part has been implemented by Japanese technicians. Solar panel was installed on the rooftop.
Inside air coolers and other machineries are very much modern and powerful having capacity of keeping the stored food grains in controlled temperature and moisture for long. There is no chance of damaging any food grain and its quality.
Local technicians have executed other need-based construction works like railway track, internal roads and necessary power connection.
The warehouse will contribute a lot towards enriching the country's food storage besides making the rice growers, millers and others concerned happy, Ilias Hossain added.
Regional Food Controller Jamal Uddin here told BSS that the present government has been working relentlessly for expansion of food storage. It is expected that all the requisite food could be stored by 2021.
The newly built Santahar warehouse will help enormously in storing government food in Rajshahi region.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters