1,376 foreign industrial plants given registrations: PM
Published : 09 Mar 2017, 11:03
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said the Board of Investment, abolished during the present government, and the newly constituted Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) have issued registrations to 1,376 cent percent foreign and joint venture industrial units from January 2009 to October 2016.
All these registered industrial plants have proposed investing $ 27.64 billion,” she said while replying to a tabled question from treasury bench member Kamrul Ashraf Khan in the Jatiya Sangsad.
The prime minister said that the present Awami League government has undertaken various initiatives to attract foreign investment and increase investment facilities and a significant success has been achieved in this regard.
The registered foreign and joint venture companies plans to create 4,31,688 employments in the country, she informed the House.
Sheikh Hasina said that the BIDA has also provided registrations to joint venture industries with direct foreign investment during the current fiscal 2016-17.
The registered joint venture companies include Arab Bangladesh Container Transport Co. Ltd. (Unit-2) with investment worth $ 2,281.20 million, SS Power I Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, SS Power II Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, Orion Power Unit-2 Dhaka Ltd $ 842.76 million Sembcorp North-West Power Company Ltd $ 412.50 million, Summit technopolis Ltd $ 204.61 million and Excelerate Energy Bangladesh Ltd $176 million, she added.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks