1,376 foreign industrial plants given registrations: PM
Published : 09 Mar 2017, 11:03
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said the Board of Investment, abolished during the present government, and the newly constituted Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) have issued registrations to 1,376 cent percent foreign and joint venture industrial units from January 2009 to October 2016.
All these registered industrial plants have proposed investing $ 27.64 billion,” she said while replying to a tabled question from treasury bench member Kamrul Ashraf Khan in the Jatiya Sangsad.
The prime minister said that the present Awami League government has undertaken various initiatives to attract foreign investment and increase investment facilities and a significant success has been achieved in this regard.
The registered foreign and joint venture companies plans to create 4,31,688 employments in the country, she informed the House.
Sheikh Hasina said that the BIDA has also provided registrations to joint venture industries with direct foreign investment during the current fiscal 2016-17.
The registered joint venture companies include Arab Bangladesh Container Transport Co. Ltd. (Unit-2) with investment worth $ 2,281.20 million, SS Power I Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, SS Power II Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, Orion Power Unit-2 Dhaka Ltd $ 842.76 million Sembcorp North-West Power Company Ltd $ 412.50 million, Summit technopolis Ltd $ 204.61 million and Excelerate Energy Bangladesh Ltd $176 million, she added.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief