1,376 foreign industrial plants given registrations: PM
Published : 09 Mar 2017, 11:03
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said the Board of Investment, abolished during the present government, and the newly constituted Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) have issued registrations to 1,376 cent percent foreign and joint venture industrial units from January 2009 to October 2016.
All these registered industrial plants have proposed investing $ 27.64 billion,” she said while replying to a tabled question from treasury bench member Kamrul Ashraf Khan in the Jatiya Sangsad.
The prime minister said that the present Awami League government has undertaken various initiatives to attract foreign investment and increase investment facilities and a significant success has been achieved in this regard.
The registered foreign and joint venture companies plans to create 4,31,688 employments in the country, she informed the House.
Sheikh Hasina said that the BIDA has also provided registrations to joint venture industries with direct foreign investment during the current fiscal 2016-17.
The registered joint venture companies include Arab Bangladesh Container Transport Co. Ltd. (Unit-2) with investment worth $ 2,281.20 million, SS Power I Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, SS Power II Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, Orion Power Unit-2 Dhaka Ltd $ 842.76 million Sembcorp North-West Power Company Ltd $ 412.50 million, Summit technopolis Ltd $ 204.61 million and Excelerate Energy Bangladesh Ltd $176 million, she added.
- Most viewed
- Schoolgirl injured in stalker attack
- Woman with 60kg leg at Dhaka medical
- Housewife beaten dead, husband held
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom