HC summons Rajuk engineer over missing domestic help
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:09
An engineer of Rajuk (Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha) was summoned by the High Court to explain why a domestic help of his house could not be traced in the last three months.
Issuing a suo moto (of its own) rule on Monday, Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Sahidul Karim asked engineer Asaduzzaman to appear before it on April 4.
The bench came up with the order following a report published in Dainik Destiny on March 5.
The report said that Azida Khatun, a teenage domestic help of the engineer’s house, went missing from the house three months ago. Later, her father filed a general diary with Joydebpur Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister