HC summons Rajuk engineer over missing domestic help
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:09
An engineer of Rajuk (Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha) was summoned by the High Court to explain why a domestic help of his house could not be traced in the last three months.
Issuing a suo moto (of its own) rule on Monday, Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Sahidul Karim asked engineer Asaduzzaman to appear before it on April 4.
The bench came up with the order following a report published in Dainik Destiny on March 5.
The report said that Azida Khatun, a teenage domestic help of the engineer’s house, went missing from the house three months ago. Later, her father filed a general diary with Joydebpur Police Station.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry