PM goes to Lakshmipur today
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 12:28
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina goes to Lakshmipur today to inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 27 development projects in the district.
This will be Sheikh Hasina's first visit to the southeastern district of the country since 1997.
Prime Minister's Office sources said Sheikh Hasina will leave Dhaka for Lakshmipur by an Air Force helicopter in the afternoon.
After arrival at the district town, the premier would open and lay the foundation stones of 27 development schemes by unveiling their plaques from Lakshmipur Stadium.
The projects to be opened by Sheikh Hasina are Meghna River Bank Protection Project (first phase) in Ramgati and Kamalganj upazilas, Chief Judicial Magistrate Court Building, Upazila Parishad Building in Lakshmipur Sadar, Upazila Parishad Auditorium in Lakshmipur Sadar, Upazila Parishad Bhaban in Kamalnagar, Upazila Parishad Auditorium in Kamalnagar, Lakshmipur Poura Ideal College Bhaban, Mohammadia Bazar Police Investigation Center Construction (3rd and 4th phases) and Upazila Livestock Resources and Hospital in Kamalnagar.
The foundation stones of the projects to be laid by Sheikh Hasina are 250-bed Sadar Hospital, Administrative Bhaban and Sailor House of Bangladesh Coast Guard at Moju Chowdhuryr Hat, Police Officers Mess of Lakshmipur Sadar Police Outpost, Regional Passport Office Bhaban, Construction of 500 metric tons capacity new food godown at Lakshmipur Sadar Food Godown, Construction of 132/33KV Grid Sub Station in Ramganj upazila, Pearpur Bridge, Chewakhali Bridge, River Port at Maju Chowdhuryr Hat, Lakshmipur Poura Adhunik Biponi Bitan, Ansar and VDP Battalion Headquarters Complex in Ramganj, Poura Azim Shah (R) Hawkers Market, Lakshmipur Government College Academic Bhaban-cum-Examination Center, Construction of Lakshmipur Police Line Women Barrack, Construction of PC Girder Bridge at Lakshmipur town link road, Fire Service and Civil Defense Station in Raypur and Fire Service and Civil Defense Station in Kamalnagar.
Later, Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League president, will address a public meeting at the stadium.
District AL General Secretary Nooruddin Chowdhury Nayan told BSS that massive preparations have been made to make successful the visit of the prime minister.
"We are eagerly waiting to welcome our beloved leader who is coming to the district after long 20 years," he said.
Meanwhile, a festive mood is prevailing in the district centering the visit of Sheikh Hasina, the able daughter of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
A huge number of archways and large size portraits of Bangabandhu and Sheikh Hasina were set up, while colorful banners and festoons were hanged at different buildings and places to welcome the premier.
Lakshmipur Deputy Commissioner Md Zillur Rahman Chowdhury and Police Super ASM Mahtab Uddin said all preparations were made, while security was beefed up ahead of the visit of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue