Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
- Decision on internet price reduction in next six months: Tarana
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- Uber 'flying car' by 2020!
- President, PM recall contribution of Sher-e-Bangla
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
- Bangladeshi woman arrested in Hong Kong raids
- WB to give $6 billion credit to Bangladesh
- 26 April Deaths