Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts