Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- PM sure of AL victory in next election
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli