Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry