Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief