Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests