Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- 21 February Events
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Air fryer – ‘Zero’ oil frying
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Trump blasts Oprah
- 20 February Deaths
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife