PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 22:12
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman heralding the nationwide programmes on the occasion of the 98th birthday of the great leader.
The Prime Minister paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at historic 32 Dhanmondi Road here this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the Prime Minister stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of the Father of the Nation.
Cabinet members, PM's advisers, parliament members and political leaders were present.
Later, flanked by the central party leaders of Awami League, she also placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party as the president of Bangladesh Awami League.
General Secretary of the party Obaidul Kader, senior Awami League leaders Amir Hossain Amu, Tofail Ahmed, Begum Matia Chowdhury, Mahbub-ul Alam Hanif, among others, were present.
The birthday of Bangabandhu is being observed across the country today as the National Children's Day.
- Most viewed
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement