PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 22:12
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman heralding the nationwide programmes on the occasion of the 98th birthday of the great leader.
The Prime Minister paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at historic 32 Dhanmondi Road here this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the Prime Minister stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of the Father of the Nation.
Cabinet members, PM's advisers, parliament members and political leaders were present.
Later, flanked by the central party leaders of Awami League, she also placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party as the president of Bangladesh Awami League.
General Secretary of the party Obaidul Kader, senior Awami League leaders Amir Hossain Amu, Tofail Ahmed, Begum Matia Chowdhury, Mahbub-ul Alam Hanif, among others, were present.
The birthday of Bangabandhu is being observed across the country today as the National Children's Day.
- Most viewed
- JS speaker returns home from Australia
- Free Online Course Beginner’s Guide to Writing in English for University Study
- Global Youth Leaders Travel and Learning Camp 2017 in Singapore
- Fully Funded Master of Computer Science at Jinan University, China
- Master and PhD scholarship program in Science, Japan
- Chicken Irani
- How breathing exercises can help prevent high blood pressure
- Cultural personality Kazi Arif ‘clinically dead’
- Prehistoric human DNA found in caves without bones