PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 22:12
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman heralding the nationwide programmes on the occasion of the 98th birthday of the great leader.
The Prime Minister paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at historic 32 Dhanmondi Road here this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the Prime Minister stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of the Father of the Nation.
Cabinet members, PM's advisers, parliament members and political leaders were present.
Later, flanked by the central party leaders of Awami League, she also placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party as the president of Bangladesh Awami League.
General Secretary of the party Obaidul Kader, senior Awami League leaders Amir Hossain Amu, Tofail Ahmed, Begum Matia Chowdhury, Mahbub-ul Alam Hanif, among others, were present.
The birthday of Bangabandhu is being observed across the country today as the National Children's Day.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief