Woman stabbed dead in Sylhet
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:15
A woman was stabbed to death allegedly by her husband in Gowainghat upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Amirun Nesa, 22, wife of Alamgir Hossain of Baghaiya village in the upazila.
Local sources said Alamgir stabbed his wife around 2:00am, leaving her seriously injured. Later, she succumbed to her wounds.
Local people caught accused Alamgir from the spot and handed him over to police.
Officer in-charge of Gowainghat Police Station Delwar Hossain said the dead body was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed over the incident, he added.
The OC said, she might be killed following a family feud but the actual reason behind the murder will came out after investigation.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia