Woman stabbed dead in Sylhet
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:15
A woman was stabbed to death allegedly by her husband in Gowainghat upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Amirun Nesa, 22, wife of Alamgir Hossain of Baghaiya village in the upazila.
Local sources said Alamgir stabbed his wife around 2:00am, leaving her seriously injured. Later, she succumbed to her wounds.
Local people caught accused Alamgir from the spot and handed him over to police.
Officer in-charge of Gowainghat Police Station Delwar Hossain said the dead body was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed over the incident, he added.
The OC said, she might be killed following a family feud but the actual reason behind the murder will came out after investigation.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths