Woman stabbed dead in Sylhet
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:15
A woman was stabbed to death allegedly by her husband in Gowainghat upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Amirun Nesa, 22, wife of Alamgir Hossain of Baghaiya village in the upazila.
Local sources said Alamgir stabbed his wife around 2:00am, leaving her seriously injured. Later, she succumbed to her wounds.
Local people caught accused Alamgir from the spot and handed him over to police.
Officer in-charge of Gowainghat Police Station Delwar Hossain said the dead body was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed over the incident, he added.
The OC said, she might be killed following a family feud but the actual reason behind the murder will came out after investigation.
- Most viewed
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts