Woman stabbed dead in Sylhet
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:15
A woman was stabbed to death allegedly by her husband in Gowainghat upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Amirun Nesa, 22, wife of Alamgir Hossain of Baghaiya village in the upazila.
Local sources said Alamgir stabbed his wife around 2:00am, leaving her seriously injured. Later, she succumbed to her wounds.
Local people caught accused Alamgir from the spot and handed him over to police.
Officer in-charge of Gowainghat Police Station Delwar Hossain said the dead body was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed over the incident, he added.
The OC said, she might be killed following a family feud but the actual reason behind the murder will came out after investigation.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister