IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:28
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed the responsibility for the suicide blast at the RAB office in Dhaka city’s Ashkona area on Friday that took the life of the suspected attacker and injured two RAB men, according to the BBC Bangla.
It said the Middle East-based militant outfit's news agency Amaq made the announcement through the messaging app Telegram.
A suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office on Friday afternoon, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said a young man was trying to enter the camp. When the RAB members challenged him, he detonated a bomb that was strapped to his body.
The blast killed him on the spot and injured two RAB members.
His body has been defaced by the seismic blast.
The suicide bomber is about 25 years' old, said RAB officials.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be