IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:28
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed the responsibility for the suicide blast at the RAB office in Dhaka city’s Ashkona area on Friday that took the life of the suspected attacker and injured two RAB men, according to the BBC Bangla.
It said the Middle East-based militant outfit's news agency Amaq made the announcement through the messaging app Telegram.
A suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office on Friday afternoon, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said a young man was trying to enter the camp. When the RAB members challenged him, he detonated a bomb that was strapped to his body.
The blast killed him on the spot and injured two RAB members.
His body has been defaced by the seismic blast.
The suicide bomber is about 25 years' old, said RAB officials.
- Most viewed
- Govt. strengthens social safety net programme to cut poverty: Chumki
- Make your home look lively during rainy season
- Facebook allows publishers put logos next to headlines
- Beauty, health benefits of neem
- Amritsari Tandoori Chicken
- Schoolgirl injured in stalker attack
- Woman with 60kg leg at Dhaka medical
- Housewife beaten dead, husband held
- Eat right and stay youthful