Man shot dead during RAB checkpoint ‘attack’
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:37
A man was shot dead during a suspected attack on a checkpoint of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Dhaka city's Khilgaon area on Saturday early morning.
Two RAB members were also injured in the incident.
Identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said the elite force members shot the man to death when he was trying to hurl a bomb like object at the checkpoint from a bag he was carrying at around 4:30am.
RAB-3 operations officer ASM Shakhawat Hossain said RAB’s bomb disposal unit was called after the incident.
On Friday, a suspected suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'