Man shot dead during RAB checkpoint ‘attack’
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:37
A man was shot dead during a suspected attack on a checkpoint of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Dhaka city's Khilgaon area on Saturday early morning.
Two RAB members were also injured in the incident.
Identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said the elite force members shot the man to death when he was trying to hurl a bomb like object at the checkpoint from a bag he was carrying at around 4:30am.
RAB-3 operations officer ASM Shakhawat Hossain said RAB’s bomb disposal unit was called after the incident.
On Friday, a suspected suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Settle rule on Marma sisters in 6 weeks: SC
- 22 February Deaths
- 22 February Births
- 22 February Events
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak