Man shot dead during RAB checkpoint ‘attack’
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:37
A man was shot dead during a suspected attack on a checkpoint of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Dhaka city's Khilgaon area on Saturday early morning.
Two RAB members were also injured in the incident.
Identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said the elite force members shot the man to death when he was trying to hurl a bomb like object at the checkpoint from a bag he was carrying at around 4:30am.
RAB-3 operations officer ASM Shakhawat Hossain said RAB’s bomb disposal unit was called after the incident.
On Friday, a suspected suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- 28 April Births
- 28 April Events
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic