Man shot dead during RAB checkpoint ‘attack’
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:37
A man was shot dead during a suspected attack on a checkpoint of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Dhaka city's Khilgaon area on Saturday early morning.
Two RAB members were also injured in the incident.
Identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said the elite force members shot the man to death when he was trying to hurl a bomb like object at the checkpoint from a bag he was carrying at around 4:30am.
RAB-3 operations officer ASM Shakhawat Hossain said RAB’s bomb disposal unit was called after the incident.
On Friday, a suspected suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Kalki Koechlin nude photo shoot is all about loving your nakedness
- Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
- Sixth Australian MP in eligibility trouble
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
- 18 August Deaths
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Events