Man shot dead during RAB checkpoint ‘attack’
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:37
A man was shot dead during a suspected attack on a checkpoint of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Dhaka city's Khilgaon area on Saturday early morning.
Two RAB members were also injured in the incident.
Identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said the elite force members shot the man to death when he was trying to hurl a bomb like object at the checkpoint from a bag he was carrying at around 4:30am.
RAB-3 operations officer ASM Shakhawat Hossain said RAB’s bomb disposal unit was called after the incident.
On Friday, a suspected suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises