Couple put on 12-day remand
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:39
A Chittagong court on Friday placed an alleged militant couple Jasim and his wife Arjina arrested from a 'militant hideout' in Sitakunda upazila on a 12-day remand in two cases, reports news agency UNB
They were put on a five-day remand in a case filed under the Arms Act while seven-day one in another case filed under the Anti-terrorism Act.
Chittagong judicial magistrate Hossain Mohammad Reza passed the order after officer-in-charge of Sitakunda police station Iftekhar Hasan produced them before the court seeking a 30-day remand in the two cases.
Earlier, the couple was shown arrested in four cases filed in connection with the raid on a 'militant hideout' that left four suspected militants dead in Sitakunda upazila, said the OC.
Nur Alam Mina, superintendent of Chittagong Police, said of the cases, two were filed under the Anti-terrorism Act while one each under the Arms Act and for killing on Thursday night.
Earlier on Thursday, four suspected militants, including a female one and a six-year-old boy, were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila of Chittagong, ending an overnight standoff.
Two members of the Special Weapon and Tactics Team (SWAT) were also injured during the gunfight. They were taken to Combined Military Hospital, Chittagong.
The law enforcers arrested an alleged militant couple Jasim and his wife Arjina along with their two-month-old baby from the house and recovered a number of grenades, bombs and firearms from the house.
The special team also rescued 20 people of several families, who got trapped in the house, during the drive.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- JS speaker returns home from Australia
- Free Online Course Beginner’s Guide to Writing in English for University Study
- Global Youth Leaders Travel and Learning Camp 2017 in Singapore
- Fully Funded Master of Computer Science at Jinan University, China
- Master and PhD scholarship program in Science, Japan
- Chicken Irani
- How breathing exercises can help prevent high blood pressure
- Cultural personality Kazi Arif ‘clinically dead’
- Prehistoric human DNA found in caves without bones
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- 27 April Births
- 27 April Deaths
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea