Couple put on 12-day remand
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:39
A Chittagong court on Friday placed an alleged militant couple Jasim and his wife Arjina arrested from a 'militant hideout' in Sitakunda upazila on a 12-day remand in two cases, reports news agency UNB
They were put on a five-day remand in a case filed under the Arms Act while seven-day one in another case filed under the Anti-terrorism Act.
Chittagong judicial magistrate Hossain Mohammad Reza passed the order after officer-in-charge of Sitakunda police station Iftekhar Hasan produced them before the court seeking a 30-day remand in the two cases.
Earlier, the couple was shown arrested in four cases filed in connection with the raid on a 'militant hideout' that left four suspected militants dead in Sitakunda upazila, said the OC.
Nur Alam Mina, superintendent of Chittagong Police, said of the cases, two were filed under the Anti-terrorism Act while one each under the Arms Act and for killing on Thursday night.
Earlier on Thursday, four suspected militants, including a female one and a six-year-old boy, were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila of Chittagong, ending an overnight standoff.
Two members of the Special Weapon and Tactics Team (SWAT) were also injured during the gunfight. They were taken to Combined Military Hospital, Chittagong.
The law enforcers arrested an alleged militant couple Jasim and his wife Arjina along with their two-month-old baby from the house and recovered a number of grenades, bombs and firearms from the house.
The special team also rescued 20 people of several families, who got trapped in the house, during the drive.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM