IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:44
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed the responsibility for the suicide blast at the RAB office in Dhaka city’s Ashkona area on Friday that took the life of the suspected attacker and injured two RAB men, according to Amaq News Agency, run by the Islamic State (IS) militants.
The Middle East-based militant outfit's news agency Amaq made the announcement on SITE Intellegence Group website.
A suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office on Friday afternoon, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said a young man was trying to enter the camp. When the RAB members challenged him, he detonated a bomb that was strapped to his body.
The blast killed him on the spot and injured two RAB members.
His body has been defaced by the seismic blast.
The suicide bomber is about 25 years' old, said RAB officials.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report